That cute pink app on your phone is great for sharing your weekend pics with friends and filtering your cappuccino not just with a coffee filter but with a touch of Clarendon or Lo-Fi. Its also the ideal little hub of inspiration and local knowledge; from deciding your next place to dine in town, or finding a new picnic spot!
This morning we all knew it was too foggy to spot Nobbys Lighthouse from the kiosk and that it was a beautiful afternoon for walking the esplanade all with the swish of our fingers and a few sneaky follows.
Newcastle is such a wonderful community IRL (in real life) but what’s the social media lowdown on our virtual village?
Below we recommend 10 fave instagram accounts of ours to keep you inspired, up to date and continuing to fall in love with our beautiful home #newcastle.
1. CRAVE NEWCASTLE Do yourself a flavor, grab a napkin because this link may make you drool. Crave dishes out all the local knowledge on the whos who of culinary experiences in Newcastle – a great feed to follow if you are looking for a local cafe to try, for the best dessert in cooks hill or just adore great food photography!
2. DAILY SALT Scott Harrison is the man behind this account. A self described saltwater lifestyle photographer who captures the golden glows, the bucket throws and the decisive moments at all the Newy beaches. A great one to follow for a bit of sunshine in your feed and some inspiration to get out in the water!
3. DARBY STREET NEWCASTLE 2300 This account highlights all the goings on and happenings in our much loved Darby Street – follow along here for all the updates and trends at the cafes, boutiques and specialty stores all in one account!
4. LEFT OF THE MIDDLE This account by local Mel has all the color pops and swoon worthy images to fall even deeper in love with our locale! Beautiful images from Newcastle, The Hunter and Beyond.
5. NEWCASTLE HERALD What a digestible way to keep up to date! The Hunters largest media platform in action packed and timely squares! An interesting account to follow for some behind the scenes pics and great photojournalism.
6. HIGH SWAN DIVE All of us need a little greening in our lives – definitely by way of gorgeous house plants or at the very least in our insta-feed! This cute little Newcastle shop has a beautifully curated selection of pics from their latest ceramics in store and all the fine vinery and wispy weeping tendrils of lush green plants in their boutique.
7. NEWY GIRL Kristy is a local wife and mum to 3 boys. This active family are regular explorers and adventurers and if you are interested in discovering along with this local family all the day trips on offer to us, including amazing hikes and hidden local treasures, check out this account.
8. JOEL 772 A week ago we started following this account after the amazing post above where Joel discovered a “fever” of stingrays clustered near Merewether – since then we’ve been delighted with some lovely emerging drone photography. Worth a click.
9. MY NEWCASTLE This is a beautiful feature account for Newcastle selects the most gorgeous and inspiring grams from our community and showcases them daily – a dreamy feed to follow and fall ever more deeply for our sun-drenched, vibrant community.
10. VILLAGER PROPERTY OKay so we may be a teeny bit bias but we definitely think this one is a must follow! We showcase interiors, style and dreamy homes on our feed – all available in our wonderful village! Keep up to date with the team, see inside our gorgeous properties and get some home inspo all at once.
Enjoy – and feel free to leave us a comment on who your fave local accounts are!